- Regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion.
- Similarly, monitoring and collecting details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of ESCAP-SSWA member States.
- Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-SSWA staff in related research and analytical work.
- Also, attending conferences, seminars, meetings, and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes.
- Providing administrative, organizational and conference management support for ESCAP-SSWA events.
Furthermore, other activities as may be decided by the supervisor.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme in India, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Familiarity with econometrics and empirical data analysis methods and relevant software package (e.g. EViews, Stata, SPSS, and Python) is desirable.
- Similarly, data handling skills and skills in using spreadsheets, Excel is also an asset.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Programme.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary for the Internship Programme.
- Furthermore, knowledge of a second United Nations official language is an asset.
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Deadline||26 July 2020|