CALL FOR 36 STUDENTS (CORPS MEMBER INCLUSIVE) TO ACCESS SPONSORSHIP TO SHOOT THEIR CREATIVE WORKS
Young Naija Filmmaker Hub is an initiative of Coded TV aim at promoting Nigeria culture and diversity by giving 36 students (Secondary or University level) who have ambitions of becoming a filmmaker to shoot their creative works every year. This inaugural project will feature the shooting of 36 short films that will capture meaningful stories that will be shared by youth using their understanding of Nigeria culture to tell the moral and beauty of Nigeria culture.
The objective is to preserve Nigeria culture and heritage.
The Project background:
The inaugural Young Naija Filmmaker Hub is calling for 36 young creative filmmakers between 16 and 30 years of age who are currently in any university across Nigeria, to create a short film that showcases the power and the potential of youth-led actions and innovations in improving landscape management in communities around Nigeria rural communities using the tenet of our culture moral and principles.
Selected filmmakers will join the 36 Filmmakers Team of the first Young Naija Filmmaker Hub Project being held in several project sites across Nigeria from 10 January to February 18, 2020 to shoot 36 different short films that capture meaningful stories that will be shared by youth, communities, and experts who are working on building landscape solutions that will preserve our culture and create a positive image for Nigeria all over the globe.
Premiering of the 36 short films will commence from March 1, 2020, across major cinemas in Nigeria.
- To promote Nigeria ethnicity diversity
- To tell Nigeria great story of our culture and heritage
- To preserve our culture and teach the modern Nigeria children the beauty of our culture
- To create opportunities for young filmmakers to shoot their creative story at no cost
- To create a high-quality film, all the way from collecting the footage to editing, production to the output in digital media;
- The film must be no longer than six minutes, nor shorter than three minutes.
- Must be an undergraduate of an accredited university or a student of any secondary school in Nigeria. A Serving Corp member who falls under the age category can also apply
- Must be between 16 and 30 years of age; (proof of identification will be required)
- Must be a creative individual who is passionate about sustainable development, landscapes, and people, as well as holistic ways to make positive impacts;
- Must tell a story with Nigeria culture context embedded in the storyline.
- Former students from any university, college or institute in Nigeria who are currently serving or awaiting NYSC posting are strongly encouraged to participate.
- The story must be your original idea
- Technical requirements for the short film must be well scripted in the script
- The script must be professionally written and formatted. It must be written in ready to shoot format.
- Films can be of any genre or creative narrative;
- The film language can be in any Nigeria dialect but the writer must provide interpretations in English
- The script must be submitted on or before midnight of November 21, 2019.
- Selected film will be sponsored by Young Naija Filmmaker Hub to feature on global short film festival across the globe
- Opportunities to get sponsorship for the shooting of a feature-length film
- Premiere your landscape-based story/film to more than 500 attendees of the Coded TV Films event, as well as through Young Naija Filmmaker Hub Project social media channels, reaching tens of thousands of people around the globe;
- Public recognition and a certificate of participation;
- Free tickets to attend all Young Naija Filmmaker Hub Film Project Premier and to be part of the inaugural Young Naija Filmmaker Hub;
- Opportunity to network with multiple stakeholders, ranging from international organizations to academic institutions, private companies, and communities all over the world.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must send their film script including links to video portfolio, before 21 November 2019 to YNFH@codedtv.tv
- Filmmakers can apply individually or in pairs (no more than four people).
- Please note, only 36 scripts that meet the requirement above will be contacted
- Applicants must follow Coded TV on all social media platforms to follow up with updates of the projects
Applicant must send Film Script and filmmakers’ profile to YNFH@codedtv.tv For more inquiry, call 07036514103 or 08079935604
To submit your profile, Click Here